Sunday, October 26, 2008

All Hallows Ball

The Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center was the site for the 32nd All Hallows Ball. What started as a small house party 32 years ago, has blossomed into a gala event with somewhere near 2,500 attendees. It is by invitation only and I'm told that if you do not attend for two years in a row, you are dropped from the invite list.




Red carpet and all. We were interviewed on the carpet. I thought it was Joan Rivers at first!









This year's theme was Stage and Screen. We went as Jane and Blanche Hudson from "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" It was a blast! I got to ride in the wheel chair all night! Poor Jane had to push me around all night. It wasn't fun trying to get across the dance floor. We ran over a few toes on the way. ("Oops, excuse me, I had a spasm.") And, either you got it or you didn't. Many of the younger people had no idea who we were. But a lot of people yelled at me, "But ya are, Blanche! Ya are in a wheelchair!"











































These four guys were dressed as Johnny Depp characters. See all 4 of them?







Towards the end of the evening Baby Jane was exhausted from pushing me around all night.



And by the end of the night I couldn't get Baby Jane off the dance floor. You should have seen her shake her thang!


Watch for my next post of some of the costumed attendees.

2 comments:

Breenlantern said...

Your costumes are BRILLIANT!!!!!!! Kudos! Bravo! Well done.

louietoon said...

You two are ugly broads! But, the originals weren't too good looking either! I hate the thought of trying to come up with a costume though.