Thursday, September 01, 2011

'Tis the Season! All Hallows Ball 2011

Look at what arrived in the mail today!  My invitation to this year's All Hallows Ball!  And for the third year in a row it is being held at the Tampa Convention Center.  And, it celebrates it's 35th Anniversary this year.  This will be my fourth year going to the ball.  This annual masquerade ball started out as a house party and has mushroomed over the years to where it is held in the convention center. [See this link for some background info]

My first year I got to ride in a wheelchair all evening.  My sister Jane pushed me around all evening.  She was very attentive.  She even brought me din-din.   The theme was "Opening Night"  (stage and screen).
The theme for my second year was "The Candy Shoppe".  Guess who we went as?  Wayne, er, I mean Lucy, constructed a working conveyor belt.  Brown caulking can look very much like chocolate drops.  And, we won one of the prizes!
And last year I brought Adele as my guest.  She made the perfect Dorothy! The theme was "Fantasia".  While we were at the party, Adele quipped, "It's the biggest party that I've ever been to where everyone is my friend!"
The hosts generally like to keep the field wide open for each theme.   Makes for lots of creative costumes!

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

totally awesome costumes, these.

Unknown said...

So cool!!! You've had some pretty fun costumes over the years. :)