Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Cut The Cord

I did it.  As of tomorrow my cable TV is no more.  My Apple TV and my AirPort Extreme arrived today and I couldn't wait to hook them up.  I also opened a Netflix streaming account.  Hopefully, that will satisfy my craving for a good movie.  My favorite channel to watch on cable was TCM, so I don't think I will miss much.  And commercial tv drives me nuts so I haven't been watching much of that at all.

So far, I'm liking how I have access to my iTunes library and iPhotos.  All of the sideshows that I've created are stored as movies on iTunes so I can even screen them on the tv.

I'm off tomorrow so will have time to explore and play with it!

3 comments:

Sean said...

Yay! Apple TV and Netflix Streaming are what we watch 99.9% of the time. There are a couple shows we DVR and watch on TV bur mostly it's movies and TV series through ATV and NFS! Welcome and enjoy.

Buddy Bear said...

Good for you!

Ur-spo said...

I wish we would cut off our cable; evil empire that it is!