Monday, September 26, 2011

AWIP 5 - Oh!

My 5th anniversary of blogging came and went this past weekend, yesterday, to be exact.  I never would have thought of it if Sean hadn't posted about his 5th yesterday on his blog.  His post was somewhat bittersweet.  It is his last post.  He's decided to stop blogging.

Gavin introduced both of us to blogging.  His posts have dwindled.

For me, sometimes I seem to post frequently, and at other times, hardly at all.

Maybe blogging runs it's course, whatever it may be. I learned from D@vid, another blogger, about a service that will print out your blogs and I've been thinking about doing that somehow, for a long time.  So, I went ahead and ordered a volume for each (calendar) year of blogging.  They are scheduled to arrive by the end of this week.  When this year ends, I will order another volume.

I'm not sure how long I will keep this up either.  Putting thoughts and feelings and images into electronic "print" has helped me in many ways.  It has helped me feel connected when everything in my life seemed so scattered.  Social sites have had an affect on the blogging world, I think.  The keeping up with family and friends works well there.  Despite that, for now anyway, this work is still in progress.

Photos were taken around the time I started blogging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been wonderful keeping up on your life through your blog. Thanks for continuing to share it.

miaGabriel said...

I love you Daddy! And I love your blog! Don't ever stop writing and sharing!