Monday, September 12, 2011

Meeting Ruby

On Saturday, September 10, I got to meet my granddaughter Ruby!  What a joy it was!  She is 2 months old, born on the day before my birthday.  Hurricane Irene postponed my trip up North two weeks ago.  I flew to Boston on Friday to meet up with Gina and bring her suitcase to her.  On Saturday morning we boarded a 6:25 am bus from Newton to NYC.
Waiting for the bus at the Newton Riverside T Station.

On our way . . .
We met up with Adele at Penn Station.  Why does Penn Station seem more like a shopping mall than a railway station?
Took a cab up to Washington Heights.  Note the George Washington Bridge in the background.



I love her snuggling in on me.















Aunt Gina and Aunt Adele meet Ruby.  Gina came up with her new name . . . Aunt Bean.  Thanks to Joe calling her Gina Bean when she was little, and also calling Ruby 'Bean'.
Adele is smelling Ruby's baby smell, not the flower!  :-)

 Gina kept making faces and it seemed like Ruby was making faces back at her.  Here it looks like she's thinking, "Do I know this crazy lady?"

 Posing for the camera.

 Now it's Aunt Adele's turn.  Adele was staying several more days.

Tummy Time!  Dad introduces Ruby to Star Wars. Toys, compliments of Aunt Adele.
"Ruby.  I am your father . . . "
She was fixated on Darth Vader.
 Joy made some delicious cookies!  I couldn't control myself!

 Ruby and Joe napping again.
 Adele and Joy planning the grocery list.

 When I used to walk Joe when he was a baby, he used to keep his arm out like this.  A royal pose.
She loved looking out the window.

"Ooooopen Ruby . . . "
Laughing at her Aunts.  Adele and Gina started to dance and entertain Ruby.


Carrying on a conversation with Daddy.
 I wish Mia could have joined us to make this complete with all the siblings.

I had to post this one.  This was taken on Sunday.  Ruby sure knows the camera!
I can't wait to head up there again in October!  I'll be spending a long weekend with Joe, Joy and Ruby in NYC!

3 comments:

miaGabriel said...

52 days until i get to meet my little girl. i.can't.wait. Looks like such a fun time!!! Joy and Joe's place looks beautiful. And Adele - those star wars toys were like, the best gift ever. And I love that Gina is Auntie Bean. :)

Unknown said...

I love the pictures!!!!!

Kenny said...

How proud you must be of your beautiful family...from the biggest to the littlest!