Thursday, September 29, 2011

Goodbye September!

It's hard to believe that September is drawing to a close!  This marks the fifth September that I've lived in Florida.  And Autumn in Florida is a LOT different than autumn in New York.  Lots of outdoor events are coming alive, like the Saturday Morning Market which begins again this Saturday and runs thru the end of May.

Folks around here sure do decorate their houses up for fall and Halloween.  We don't get the cool crisp (OK, freezing) evenings like up North, and don't witness the beautiful colors of the changing leaves.  We just have to make do with the year round constancy of flowers in bloom.  But, lucky for me, I will be heading up to New York in two weeks to spend a few days in Albany and more few days in NYC hanging out with Ruby!

I snapped this picture of the bridge to Snell Island on my walk along Coffee Pot Bayou and Tampa Bay tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo! I love fall in Florida - especially in St. Pete! Helllooooo, saturday morning market! ;)