Friday, May 20, 2011

Timberrrrrrrrr!!!

These palms in front of my apartment building shed their fronds when least expected.  I always hesitate when parking  beneath them.  I always look up to see if it looks like one of the fronds is about ready to drop.  Since moving here in September 2007, I've yet to witness one of them actually falling to the ground.  That is, until today.  I was just pulling up to the curb, home for lunch.  I stopped the car, put it in park and was just about to shut off the engine when, "swisssshh, plop!"  I'm glad I stopped where I did!
I did witness this site one morning when I came out to get in my car to head to work.  This was actually a re-staging I did when I got back home.  If that green solid end should hit the car, it could do a mess load of damage!  I need to get in the habit of parking on the other side of the street!

No comments: