Friday, May 13, 2011

A Good Day

 [Had to delay updating this post because of blogger site problem.]

Today (Thursday) was a good day.  It started off with the email I received from Progress Energy.  I am on the budget plan, and my monthly amount went down to $35 / month, from $52 month.  Sweet! And being off today, I Decided to take a walk to Starbucks downtown, iPod and book in hand.  Ordered the Breakfast Wrap (egg, spinach and feta) and the trenta iced coffee.  Nice start to the day.  Ran into apartment building neighbor Jill at Starbucks.  Sat there and read for a while.
 Then headed over to Vinoy Park and my favorite park bench.
 Sat for a while and then headed up the walk along the Bay.  Saw some dolphins close to the wall, but wasn't able to manage any good shots.  Stopped at the sundial at the northern end of Flora Wylie Park, near Coffee Pot Bayou.
Some background.
 Headed over 17th Ave NE on the way back to my apartment.
I LOVE my neighborhood!!!

 I went to Sunset Beach for a few hours.  Brought some iced water and my book.  The water was beautiful!  Didn't want to get out when I was in it!  A bit breezy for the umbrella so I made sure I kept applying the sun block.
On the way home I stopped at the Lucky Dill downtown.
Ordered one of my favorites, the veggie wrap; has falafel . . . YUM!  Very refreshing after an afternoon at the beach.  I LOVE LIVING HERE!!!

No comments: