Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sunny Florida!

Do I never learn?  I was off from work on Friday and decided to make it a beach day.  I usually go to Sunset Beach, so headed over there first, after a stop at Panera for breakfast.  All of the beaches on Treasure Island are being re-nourished, so the beach is in various stages of disarray.  I stayed there a short while.  There were a lot of 'surfers' there because the waves were bigger than usual. The walking in the surf was very uneven.  I decided to head elsewhere and maybe explore some other areas.
I headed down to Fort De Soto Park, North Beach. I have been there several times.  The day was a perfect beach day.  Beautiful sky, beautiful water, white sand, nice refreshing breeze.  It was so perfect that I didn't want to leave!  The beach there has been selected as America's Number 1 Beach several times!
So, last night when I got back to my apartment, I planned on taking a shower and then applying some Banana Boat lotion with aloe.  But, the landlord had some repair work done to my bathroom ceiling (from a leak from the bathroom in the apartment above mine), and the shower rod was down, and the bathroom was a mess.  So, I showered without the curtain, aiming the shower head towards the tile to minimize water on the floor.  It worked fine.  Then I applied the aloe lotion.


I had to work this morning, so one of the members was telling me about an old home remedy of applying vinegar to the sunburn.  So, when I got home, I Googled to learn more.  I decided to try it, so am now in the process of seeing how it works!  Still applying lotion afterwards.  I jokingly asked her if I could use balsamic vinegar, and she replied, "Sure, but it's more expensive."  :-)  So, I figured I'd add a little olive oil, some seasonings, feta cheese, and stick some spring mix greens to my skin, and I'd be good to go!
And refreshing myself with my latest, V8 V-Fusion.  This is Peach Mango.  I cut it with diet 7 Up.  I love the different flavors of the V-Fusion and alternate them depending on my mood.  V8 is crafty though.  I first bought the 'Light' variety.  Then realized, it's 50% juice and the rest water.  So, for the same price, I get the 100% juice and cut it myself, and get twice as much!  I'm sooooo smart!  And it goes great with my salad!

No comments: