Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Celebrations

Frosted window panes . . . Candles gleaming inside . . . I digress . . . It's that busy time of year again. On Friday night we went to the Una Voce "Then One Foggy Winter's Eve" holiday concert at the HCC Ybor Campus Performing Arts Center. This was Wayne's first Christmas concert in 13 years where he was in the audience and not on stage.

On Saturday night we went to my branch Christmas Party at Amber's home. All week we had "Secret Santas" at work. These are some of the gifts I got. The big one was from the party on Saturday night. Now how did Santa know I like chocolate? Thanks Michelle!

I made this Deep Chocolate Dream Cake to bring. The theme of the party was "Death by Chocolate".

On Sunday we went to the 12th Annual Historic Old Northeast Neighborhood Association Candlelight Tour of Homes. This is the neighborhood where I live. So it's nice to walk around and tour some of the homes of my neighbors! I didn't bring my camera, and since I was off today, I took pictures of each home. It was a foggy morning!
I saw this red bird in the bamboo ourside my living room window. I think he was a little camera shy!

The Vinoy cupola as the fog was lifting.







This is the first home on the tour. It's a Queen Anne Victorian built in 1908. It's been restored as the Larelle House Bed & Breakfast.


Home 2 was a block west on 6th Ave NE. It was also built in 1908. It was gutted and remodeled in 2008. What a nice 100th Birthday present!







Home 3 is a 2009 "green" Crastsman Bungalow.






Home 4 is located right behind my apartment. It's a work in progress, with interior renovations underway. The large kitchen has been completed. I was dying to take one of the cookies off the counter!


Home 5 is located 2 blocks up the street from my apartment. When I went for walks after I moved here, I saw as a big tree was removed from the front of the house, and the porch was added and the windows updated. I liked this one's interior!
I know my daughters would love the Princess' bedroom and playroom on the second floor.



Home 6 is located a block up the side street next to my apartment building. This home was being renovated when I first moved here. Although the rooms aren't large, I liked many of it's features.


Home 8 is located on 20th Ave NE. This was the 7th home we visited. As we were walking to the last home on the tour, we ran into Linda and Frank. Linda comes into the credit union and she had invited us to stop in at their home for a glass of wine. So, we went on to the last house and then stopped off at their house on our way back to my apartment. They are a very nice couple and invited us to stop by on Christmas!

The last home we toured is one of two original Arts and Crafts Bungalows in the entire Historic Old Northeast.








These trees are located right across the street. I am always amazed by their size!
This home wasn't on the tour, but I included because it's porches are furnished to look like outdoor rooms! It's an eyecatcher as you drive by on 9th Ave NE.

No comments: