Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bustin' up a Starbucks

It's Saturday night. It's dark, and it sure feels cold out there. I just woke up from a nap, and still I'm tired. Do I stay in tonight or go out? As much as I don't feel like moving, I don't want to stay home alone.


It was very busy at work this morning. There were only two of us on teller duty and the line of members stretched all the way to Terra Haute. Don't get me wrong, compared to 5 or 6 hours in the box office on a weekend night, it was a piece of cake! But, we didn't get out until an hour and fifteen minutes after we closed. When I got home I was too tired to turn around and go back out to the gym. Plus, I was hungry so I made a tomato sandwich (on sourdough bread..yum!) I checked my email. Gina called and I talked with her for a while. She and Lu were heading to Disney/MGM Studios to catch Mia in the Fantasmic performance tonight. Mia has been in training to be in that show.

*** PHONE CALL ***

Mia called! She wanted to tell me that she got a part 2 nights a week in the Fantasmic show! For sure we were on the same wave length! I'll be going down to Orlando a week from this coming Wednesday and we've been planning what we're going to do when I'm down there. This will be my first trip to Florida since they moved there. We've got a lot planned and I can't wait! I miss Mia and Gina a lot! Mia's phone call turned my mood around! Now I know I'm not going to just sit here. "I goin' downstairs! I'm not goin' to stick around here like cloves on a baked ham! I'm gonna kick up ma heels!" [For those of you who are movie quote nuts....and that's me....that's from one of my favorite movies.]

No comments: