Thursday, November 29, 2012

Get Me the Mopine - Channelling Aunt Mary

Aunt Mary had a method for eating ice cream.  I can just hear her now, explaining to Aunt Madeline, the proper way to eat a half gallon of ice cream.

First you place a mopine on your lap.  Then, you begin by scooping the ice cream from around the edges because it's softer there.  Doing it this way will prevent your lips from getting cold and numb and cause you to bite them.  Aunt Madeline complained that this always happened to her.

So, tonight, in homage to Aunt Mary, I got my mopine, my half gallon of Publix' Santa's White Christmas premium ice cream and began.  Think I need an intervention?

But, nota bene:  I have been eating small dishes each night this week, so I'm only finishing off the bottom.  So there!

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

this sounds incredible and oh so lovely, to these ears; alas I can't eat ice cream more than once in a while.