Thursday, November 15, 2012

Couldn't Resist a Two for One!

Today is my Uncle Tony's 88th birthday.  Every time I pass the Saint Anthony's Friary downtown on one of my walks and I see this statue of Saint Anthony, I think of Uncle Tony and Aunt Gloria.  I remember once, they misplaced something and put a statue of Saint Anthony upside down in their backyard.  It was supposed to help them find whatever it was that was missing.  I remember Aunt Gloria yelling out the window, as poor Saint Anthony was out there in the rain, "and you're staying out there in the rain until we find it!"  I think it may have been the car keys?  Anyhow, Happy Birthday Uncle Tony!
And afterwards, I stopped into the Starbucks downtown to get a holiday latte.  I had forgotten that there is a buy one, get one free promo going on each afternoon for several days.  So, I had an eggnog latte and a caramel brulee latte all by my lonesome.  I hear that there are no calories in a BOGO.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love when you tell stories from growing up! They are the best! And next time it's BOGO at Starbucks let me know and I'll come meet u for a hot chocolate :) Love u!

Harpers Keeper said...

I never heard about doing that with St Anthony. We did that with St. Joseph when we sold our house however.