Tuesday, May 22, 2012

NYC Visit with Ruby Day 2

Thursday was mostly sunny.  Ruby and I played a little before we began the day.  She's pretty good playing 'soccer'!  She catches the ball with her leg and kicks it back, and manipulates it with her feet . . . no hands!  She had fun checking out the outfits that G-Pa had brought for her.  I can't control myself when I go in the baby / toddler departments!
















































Joe had a location scout around South Street Seaport, so I headed into the City with him. We had empanadas and gazpacho and cucumber dill soups for lunch, then headed over to the Seaport where Joe met his cohorts. I played sightseer while they rented bikes and biked across the Brooklyn Bridge.
















































I took a side stroll over to the World Trade Center to check up on the progress of the construction.  The 1 WTC Tower was recently topped off with steel.  The radio tower is yet to be added.  I passed Zuccotti Park on my walk.  Very normal lunch crowd, I guess.










































When Joe et al returned, I tagged along with them, heading up to midtown / NBC as they scouted out some other locations.  When we caught the subway back to LIC, I was surprised at how short distance and time-wise the commute was!

We ordered Thai take out and had a fun and relaxing evening!  So far, I could still button my pants!







No comments: