Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 7 - On The Town - Movie Tour

Joy signed me up for a free tour on Tuesday morning.  Before I left, I had some of the muffins Joy made . . . they had two of my favorites:  coconut and dark chocolate chunks.  YUM!!!  All chowed down, I headed out in the heavy overcast day.  On the tour, as we passed locations where movies or TV shows were filmed, clips were shown on the overhead monitors.  It was cute.  In the bottom right picture, they're taping the Celebrity Apprentice in front of the Museum of Natural History.















































That's Park Avenue thru the rain splattered bus window.  Holly Golightly's home.  The terrace on Sutton Square where Woody Allen filmed scenes from "Manhattan".  That's the 59th Street Bridge, now known as the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge.  Kinda now makes me not want to be lookin' for love, and feelin' not so groovy!  Our guide said that Sutton Place had the most expensive homes in Manhattan.  You can see Long Island City from the terrace.















































The tour bus left us off at Grand Central Station.  Since it was still raining, I went inside to the marketplace and food court downstairs.  It was a good day for soup!  Then, back to the apartment.  Ruby is enjoying some leftover spaghetti.  I love the way she crosses her legs at the ankles.  Soooo ladylike!






No comments: