Monday, May 21, 2012

NYC Day 1 Wednesday Arrival

I left for NYC on a 6:25 AM flight into LaGuardia.  I figured that I wouldn't sleep much anyway, so may as well avoid some traffic and get an early start.  Here's daybreak over Tampa.  I had to switch planes in Baltimore.  As we were taxiing out from the terminal, just after the flight attendant announce it was only 30 minutes in the air, the pilot broke in and announced that we had missed our window, so would have to wait 30 minutes on the ground, and he shut down the engines.  After about 20 minutes, he announced that we would have to wait another 30 minutes.  So much fun!

Joe gave me great directions to their place, so after getting my checked in bag, I headed out for a short 15 minute taxi ride.  I love their new place in Long Island City.  I could envision myself living there so that I could spend more time with Ruby!  The waterfront has parks and docks with chairs and benches and tables and grass areas and walk paths.  And there are lots of new condos and apartments and plenty of markets and restaurants and shops within walking distance.



Ruby was sooooo much fun!  We went for a walk along the waterfront and Ruby had to show me her bench and how she likes to stand up and then sit down on her Mommy's or Daddy's leg.
Joy made a delicious black bean chili with goat cheese, one of Ruby's favorite dishes.  And Joy made these delicious chocolate cookies, with peanut butter inside.  I knew that I was in trouble.  I was hoping that after 8 days I would still be able to fit into some clothes for my trip back to Florida!















































1 comment:

jp said...

You are adorable and we love you!