Monday, February 21, 2011

How I Spent Presidents Day - Repost from 2007

Being that it is going to be in the 70s today, I thought I would visit the past and repost an entry from waaaaayyy back in 2007.  What a difference a location makes!


That old cliche goes, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Well, when life gives you snow and ice and freezing cold, make a cozy habitat. I didn't want to waste the day away huddled on the couch, so I decided to make the most of an arctic situation.

Here I am in the construction phase. I'm sure glad that the sun was shining.







After it was completed, I wanted to make it warm and inviting so I decided to light some of my Yankee Candles. I figure "Jack Frost" would be the perfect fragrance and provide the ultimate in ambiance.




But then I committed a faux pas. I went to heat up some milk for hot cocoa and left the candles burning unattended. And when I returned, to my horror, this was the scene that awaited me.


So the moral of the story is: "Never leave a burning candle unattended, even in an igloo." (I have to thank my one arm neighbor for that lesson.)

No comments: