Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Ghost of Valentines Past

Since Valentine's Day is coming up on Monday, and our workplace is having "Employee Appreciation Day" on that day, and fortunately, since I am off and unable to participate in the festivities (WHEW!!!) I thought I would take a stroll down memory lane with some Old School Valentines.  
This kind of reminds me of a photo of my first grade classroom.  For Valentine's Day we would make these big 'envelope' mailboxes and hang on the front of our desks.  At some point in the day we would walk around and deposit our Valentines in the mailboxes.
It seemed like many of the Valentines had these corny phrases on them.  So, for your viewing pleasure . . . 




Think anyone today knows what this mean???








 And, some 'alternate' images . . . 


 Miss Lane and Mr Kent



No comments: