Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Day in Sarasota and Bradenton

What a beautiful day to spend in Sarasota and Bradenton!  Ray and Iz are down here visiting for a while and are staying with Linda and Louie in Bradenton.  Adele was scheduled to meet up with me here in St. Pete last night and we were going to head down this morning.  Adele was not feeling well, so decided rest and recuperating were in her best interests, so I flew solo.
Ray took this picture of me before we went on our tour of the home, Cà d'Zan Mansion.
Don't get wise . . . I'm the one in the picture on the right.  That's Mr. Ringling on the left.  We saw this picture well after I struck the pose.
The mansion and the grounds were beautiful!
This view is from the back of the mansion, on the Gulf side.


The rose garden.  I had a difficult time not snapping pictures of the many different varieties.  That will be another post.
This was in the museum display area.  "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
We went to St. Armands Circle for a refreshing beverage.
I ran into a bunch of old cronies there!  What a small world!


Circus folk.
Uncle Freddie joined us for a delicious meal prepared by Louie.  Louie and Uncle Fred had spent the day golfing.


I took tons of photos of the mansion and in the museum . . . all to be in another post.

No comments: