Sunday, October 12, 2008

A New Album

Well, my point and shoot digital camera has bit the dust. Display won't work, and pictures will not record. It's lasted me a good long time. I've been keeping my eye on this Nikon Coolpix P80: 10.1 Megapixels and 18x optical zoom. (My old Canon had a 2x optical zoom.) We went to Best Buy yesterday and I got it!
We took a brief walk last night around the neighborhood to try out the night pics. Lots of homes decorated already for Halloween.













These condos are near North Shore Park along Tampa Bay in St. Pete.

These shots are from Mirror Lake area, not far from downtown St. Pete.
















This was the old Saint Petersburg High School, now gone condo.


Some details.










A nearby building.


There is an ice cream store in this building, but it wasn't open yet. This was taken around 10:00 am.










Then I went over to the Coliseum where an antique show was going on this weekend. Did a lot of browsing but no buying. I guess times are really rough. Many of the booths had almost everything half price. One vendor was telling me that he just made the cost of the booth, and this was the third day of the show!









Saw this apartment building on the way.





This house is near Round Lake, not too far from the Coliseum and Mirror Lake.












On Round Lake.


House for sale.













Six blocks from my apartment. I paid $3.51 last Tuesday!










Front steps of the house next door.

















The old homestead taken with new eyes.





No comments: