Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Year in St. Pete

Wayne's friend David is visiting the area this weekend. We originally had planned to go to the beach this afternoon, but the afternoon brought rain, so we just hung around my apartment. I'm not sure if it was some of the outer rings of Gustav or not, but it was a good afternoon to stay in.
As you can see, David is tall and I am short. No kidding, Sherlock! But actually, David is standing on a stool and I am sitting on the floor.
This weekend marks the first year anniversary of my move to Saint Petersburg! A year ago on this Saturday, I was surrounded by boxes. For dinner tonight Wayne and I went to Valentino's, which is located about 5 minutes from my apartment. It's a small place and the owner is very personable and comes out to talk to the guests. He was talking to a couple at the table next to us and the guy at the table asked Dennis, the owner, if he was from New York. Dennis said he was from upstate, from Schenectady. The guy said he was from the Rochester area. So naturally I had to let them know I was from Albany!

No comments: