Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Concert

The men's chorus that Wayne sings with had a concert on Sunday with the Richey Community Orchestra. It was held at the Center for the Arts at River Ridge in Port Richey.

It was a first in several ways for me. It was the first time I got to hear Una Voce in concert. Secondly, it was the largest group of Golden Girls and Golden Guys and walkers and canes that I have ever seen under one roof. And that was just the orchestra! Only kidding . . . but the audience was made up primarily of senior seniors, reminding me that LOTS of people retire to Florida!




The concert was wonderful. The orchestra played selections from various Broadway musicals, and Una Voce sang some selections, some with solos. My favorite from the orchestra were the themes from West Side Story, James Bond, but I was especially impressed with the Pirates of the Carribean piece. Una Voce did some wonderful selections. I liked Oklahoma, Someone Like You from Jekyll and Hyde and Love Changes Everything (Andrew Lloyd Webber).




After the concert, we went to Angellino's in Palm Harbor. The pasta dishes come with at least a pound of pasta . . . enough to feed a family of six! I had Penne Agustino (only with angel hair). "Artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, black olives and fresh garlic
sautéed in extra virgin olive oil tossed with penne pasta, Romano cheese and fresh bread crumbs." Needless to say, I have my dinners planned for the next week.

1 comment:

louietoon said...

I definitely want to go to Angellino's when we come down! Sounds delicious!