Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter . . . Oink! Oink!

Lots of good food this weekend. Ate at Capogna's Dugout in Clearwater on Friday. I had eggplant Parmesan . . . hadn't had that in a while!!!



Also had some pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream.




And colored eggs too! (See above). Hard to give up on some traditions.


I hosted Saturday brunch. Another dish I hadn't had in a long time was Finnish Pancakes. We got the recipe years ago from an egg carton. It's kind of like having crème brûlée as a main dish! YUM!!! Served it with Canadian bacon. What do you think a boot that, eh? Also had this sweet bread with "Oranges from Sicily" peels (so it says on the label) that I got at Mazzaro's last week.

I figured it was time I took a turn at some cooking, so I decided to do the Easter dinner too. Ham, sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, veggies, sourdough bread, Shiraz, and a custard fresh fruit topped pie. Only thing I can take credit for are the sweet potatoes.


Also had some Easter candy...and watched West Side Story in wide screen. One of my favorite movies. I was in junior high when it came out. Even painted a 'Sharks' logo on the chain guard on my Rollfast bike! I guess I'm still a geek!

No comments: