Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!

Just for kicks I read my first post of 2007. In it I was speculating as to what the new year may bring and what 2006 had brought. A couple things in my ramblings stuck out. One was a huge snowstorm in March, and the other was enjoying my part time job. The snowstorm did happen on St. Patrick's Day, and that same day was my last day with my part time job.

A new year certainly brings many things . . . another year older, new friends, the moving on of others and new challenges.

I ended 2007 in a whole new world. My first holiday season in Florida was amazing! I must say I am enjoying this climate, what with outdoor holiday parties and all! Our weather here has dipped down into the 30s at night for the next couple of days. It does feel cold! But, all things being relative, I just checked out the sky cams located around the highways in the Albany area, and see the traffic all backed up in the falling snow. I think I'll take my driving into work in 49 degrees on dry roads, thank you.

So far 2008 has been very nice. I had a fantastic dinner on New Year's Eve at Wayne's. He made lasagna, cheeder cheese biscuits and chocolate hazelnut gelato. Fantastic! We watched the ball drop in NYC and wished that maybe Dick Clark had recorded a message instead of being live, and watched a little of the Kathy Griffin marathon, like Sean and Jeffrey and crew.

On New Year's Day I attended a party at a friends house. Had a great time...plenty of good food and conversation. Today I go into work at 11:00 am. I'm hoping to ease on back into work, but will probably be busy with pension and government checks and all.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Tampa I Am said...

Happy New Year! I look forward to seeing your pics and reading about your adventures this year.