Sunday, January 13, 2008

Not an SNL Weekend Update

It has been a busy weekend! Friday night Janet and Jack came to visit. I used to work with Janet before retirement. She and Jack moved to Indianapolis a couple of years ago. They are down here visiting family. It's been a while since we last saw each other. I'm a bit upset that I didn't take a photo while they were here. We had a nice visit. Wayne came over too and we had a good time catching up and telling stories. Janet and Jack used to dress up as their alter egos, Fritz and Lulu.

On Saturday morning Gavin arrived from Albany (OK, Troy!). Too bad I was having a senior moment and thought he was arriving around 2:00 pm. I got a call shortly before 11:00 am. It was Gavin, "Where are you?" (he thinking I was on the airport grounds). All I could say was, "Where are you?" to which Gavin replied, "at the Tampa airport." YIKES! "I'll be right there!!!!!"

It is so nice to see Gavin again. Although we stay connected regularly through our blogs (see Y-O-Y ), it's great to chat in person. This getaway for Gavin has been much needed. He is caregiver to his Mom who has Alzheimer's and writes about that part of his world on his blog Alzheimer's Moments. He is always "on" so this gives him a chance to relax, but that is easier said than done. We were going to go to a "post holiday" party, but Gavin needed the time to rest, so Wayne and I went without him. What a terrible host I am!

This morning we went to breakfast at the Frog Pond . What a treat! The home fries and bacon were done just the way I like them, even without asking! I asked our waitress if there was a "Froggy the Gremlin" in the collection, but she didn't think there was, although she said there were some in storage. After breakfast we drove along the beaches and took some time to walk along Madeira Beach. The fog had rolled in, but it was refreshing to walk along the sand, see and hear the waves hitting the shore and feel the breeze. We then stopped at John's Pass to browse thru the stores there, stopping for an ice cream chaser. "Hold the fudge sauce and whipped cream please!" There were these huge pelicans sitting on the dock posts. One of them had some yellow on his head. And, my camera was back in the apartment.

It has now started to rain, the first in a while here. Much needed, so a good time to nap!

No comments: