Friday, November 17, 2006

T.O.B.A.L.

I'm getting excited about Christmas! When Mia and Gina visited me in late October, I received their annual "wish list" of things they would like for Christmas. One gift they like to receive is holiday flannel PJs. Both Gina and Mia told me in emails that they had found some they liked at the Victoria's Secret web site. Soon an email from Victoria's Secret arrived in my mailbox, with the choices they had made, including patterns (Cupcakes, Starry Night) and sizes and lengths. They even had matching slippers.

Type, type, plastic card, shipping address.....confirmation of order!

When I got home from work today, I checked my email accounts. There in my inbox was an email from Victoria's Secret. The subject of this mail "Free Slippers with Pajama Purchase, Plus Free Shipping..."

So, this Santa is even more jolly now! Ho! Ho! Ho! So what about those $25 slippers that are now FREE? And the $15.95 shipping charge I have to pay? And so what if those same pajamas are on sale for $10 cheaper each?
Mia gave me a call tonight . . . "Daddy! I got an email from Victoria's Secret . . . the pajamas are on sale, plus the slippers are free and the shipping is free!" I told her I got the same email, but I was so efficient this year, that I had already made the order two days ago. I told her that I would contact them to see if anything could be done. Within minutes of getting off the phone, I got a new email from Victoria's Secret . . . "Shipment Confirmation".




Heeeee Haw!

No comments: