Sunday, November 19, 2006

Christmas Whimsey


I've always loved Dr. Seuss stories, especially the ones about Bartholomew (Bartholomew and the Oobleck, The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins). And since then, the whimsical worlds he created have enthralled me.

It seems that for some reason, that whimsical spirit has crept into my Christmas outlook this year. Not sure why. But I'm having fun with it. I'm having a difficult time controlling myself when I see something in a store that evokes that spirit. And that is the subject of this brief pictorial post.


I've always loved the "old fashion" feeling I get from these lights. Maybe it just reminds me of my earliest memories of childhood Christmas mornings. When I saw these lights in Lowe's, without thinking....just scooped them up. Not sure if it comes across in the picture, but these "bulbs" are 5" from point to bottom of "socket".





And how about this tree? Don't you love it? Couldn't pass that up either!













Snowman smiles to you!

No comments: