Sunday, December 04, 2011

Florida Botanical Gardens and Heritage Village

Wayne and I spent Sunday afternoon visiting the Florida Botanical Gardens and Heritage Village in Largo, Florida.  It's a well kept secret.  We toured the gardens and then the Village.  We were surprised at how much is there.  The grounds are beautiful, and during December the gardens are lit with lights.  Each night there is different entertainment also.
We hadn't planned in advance to visit, so I didn't have my camera with me.  These photos were taken with my cell phone.  (I refer to it as a "dumb" phone.)  Some of the photos at the bottom of this post were taken by Wayne.



These 'glass' flamingos were lit at night.



Time to relax.





The Village is amazing!  Each building was transported there from someplace else!














































We had a tour guide in the House of Seven Gables.  Living history, and he was funny!






Baby's high chair.

And carriage.

















Someone thinks he's Santa . . .


We took a break for dinner and went back for the lighted displays.  So pretty!
Looking a lot like Christmas.


No comments: