Tuesday, December 06, 2011

A Tour of The Vinoy

My BFFs Pete and Joe gave me a gift certificate from The Vinoy for my birthday last July.  And recently, the three of us cashed in the certificates for a tour and dinner.  The Vinoy has an amazing history.  [Note the new rugs.  See my remarks below.]
























The Chihuly chandelier in the main ballroom.  Not a favorite of mine.  *GASP*

There have been some very recent renovations and "redecorating".





Included in the tour was our lunch.  Thanks to Joe for the lovely pictures!
My veal and pasta
Joe's chicken.
Pete's salmon.


These next few pictures are little seating areas along the main hallway.  They are very nice, look like they are from an early 1960s movie.  But, in my opinion, do not belong in the Vinoy.







Thanks to Shirley, our tour guide! What fun!

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

the food alone looks worth the price.