Sunday, November 06, 2011

Segway Tour of St. Pete

Pete and Joe organized an outing for us to take a Segway tour of St. Pete.  It's a popular thing with tourists, but even homeys want to see how these contraptions work.
I have to admit, I was a little nervous when our guide Vincent was demonstrating how it worked and how to ride (?) it.  I think I was almost as nervous as when we went for that full moon dude ranch horseback ride last year.
Otto got to ride the "white stallion"
Taking some practice turns around the parking lot.  But once we practiced a bit, it was great!  I found it very intuitive.  It's amazing how simple it works!  I definitely would do it again!
Gathering in front of the 250 year old kapok tree downtown.  The tour is a great way to see some highlights of the downtown area.  We went up to Vinoy Park and North Shore Park, and down as far as the Dali Museum.
There were a lot of activities going on.  We had to pause for this family walking by before we could catch up with our guide.
First rest stop.  Funny how your feet were 'vibrating'.  Felt a lot like the moments after taking your roller skates off.
Playing chicken.


Went to the Acropolis afterwards.  My falafel and spanakopita.



1 comment:

JustAMike said...

Looks like fun.