Saturday, June 25, 2011

St Pete Pride 2011 Friday Night

On Friday night after work, I met friends at Georgie's to begin the weekend celebration of St Pete Pride.  After eating dinner there, we were hanging around in the sports bar area, when I saw this guy ---->
go up to a guy nearby, all excited, saying that New York had passed the marriage equality legislation.  I went up to him, and tapped him on the arm, and asked him if I had heard him correctly.  He was all happy and said that yes, it had passed.  I looked at him, and thought he looked familiar.  I realized who he was and asked if he was Jamie in Shortbus.  And, he was!   So, throwing caution to the wind, I asked if I could have my picture taken with him.  He was very accommodating and Wayne snapped this picture with his cell phone.

A short while his partner arrived, and his partner was his partner in the film, so again, Wayne snapped another pic.  The weekend was off to a good start!

No comments: