Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Night on the Town

I spent the afternoon and evening hanging out with Pete and Joe (reading left to right, sorry Joe!).  Hung out a couple of hours at Sunset Beach.  The water was beautiful, fairly clear, not much waves, and a temperature just short of the air temperature. A perfect balance!  Had some sandwiches, complements of Joe and Pete.  (Equal opportunity)
 Connected again after freshening up and headed downtown to the Acropolis restaurant on Central.  My first time there.  As we were walking to our table, I noticed all these napkins on the floor and asked P&J, "what's up with that?"  And they said you'll see, they throw them up in the air.
 It was happy hour, so all the drinks were 2 for 1.  I got this delicious semisweet white.  We were still eating our salads when the entrees were brought out.  I think it's the fastest I've ever gotten the entrees!
 I had the Chicken Rhodes [lightly pan-fried chicken breast in a lemon sauce with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, olives, topped with crumbled feta cheese and served with roasted vegetables and orzo].
 Joe had the Souvlaki [Marinated pork tenderloin with tomatoes, onions and tzatziki sauce wraooed ub a outa].
Pete had the Siros Salmon [Char-broiled salmon topped with pesto and diced red peppers, served with roasted vegetables and orzo].
 Every so often, the wait staff would dance through the restaurant, and shout opa! and throw the napkins up in the air.



I was so loopy from the two glasses of wine that I had, that I was tempted to go up to some of the diners as we were walking out and say, "Excuse me, I think you dropped your napkin."  But, I restrained myself!
After dinner, we walked along Central Avenue and headed over towards the Bay.

A view looking in the Snell Arcade.

 Pete and friends.
The moon showing thru.


The Detroit
 Fish tail palms.
There's that moon again.



 New wider sidewalk along the Bay.  In celebration of the 100th year of the waterfront park system in St Pete, the sidewalk was widened all along the Bay through North Shore and downtown.
Street people.
The water was calm and smooth like glass.
This is a traveling sculpture.  Was in Tampa and recently moved to St Pete.







Since Joe's birthday is next week, we had to snap this picture!  These chalk drawings and different phrases and ads have been appearing on the sidewalks around town for a while now.  Nicely done!
And, naturally, we ended up at the Yogurtology shop up on 4th before heading over to Georgie's.  I had deep chocolate, coconut, and flan.  Oink!  Oink!  Again!
These guys came into Georgie's and danced around in these outfits.  A couple weeks ago they were there dressed as Green Lanterns.

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

thank you for stopping by my blog the other day; I am honored so !

Breenlantern said...

Every post and batch of pics exudes such happiness. I am so happy for you (and a bit jealous). Miss you handsome.

Ruby Hamilton said...

Well done Sir! You made this old lady very homesick for our years in Tampa, but I loved your reminder.