Wednesday, June 15, 2011

K-K-R-R-R-A-A-A-A-C-C-C-C-K-K-K-K-K!!!!!

We're in the middle of a big thunderstorm.  Lots of thunder and lightning.  Tampa Bay is known as the "lightning capital of the nation"  From that link:  "Tampa Bay is known as the lightning capital of the nation. In June, 1993, more than 21,000 cloud-to-ground lightning flashes occurred within a 50-mile radius of Tampa Bay. In June 1994, the number of flashes rose to an incredible 50,000."
We haven't had much rain yet this season.  I was on the phone with my friend Ray tonight and mentioned that a line of storms was passing through.  Then we chatted about our liking (me) or not liking (Ray)  thunder storms.  I use to go out on our screened in porch in our backyard in Albany during some summer thunderstorms.  I am always amazed at the power and majesty of a storm.  And I like hearing it during the night.  I find the sound of the rain to be very soothing.  

So I guess I moved to a good place!
Hence, our hockey team, Tampa Bay Lightning:
<-----  And arena football

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! (And love the new blog background!)