Monday, June 07, 2010

Russ and Jose Visit St Pete from Gran Canaria

Russ and Jose arrived in St. Pete on Saturday afternoon.  They flew in from the Canary Islands, where they live on Gran Canaria.  Their first stop was in Miami, where they spent a few days.  I'm committed to give them the Grand Tour while they are here.

After settling in at their motel, they came over to my apartment and we did a little catching up.  We headed over to Georgie's for dinner and to hang out.  Otto joined us later.
On Sunday afternoon we headed over to the Flamingo Resort to meet up with Wayne and to hang out.  It was fun to sit and people watch.  But after a while our old ears were ringing from the loud music.  We ended up at Detour where we were able to sit and hear our conversation!

By the time we were ready to eat, a lot of restaurants were already closing, so we ended up heading over to the NE and having Chinese.  I've got another meal waiting.
On Monday afternoon, I did a tour of St Pete and some surrounding areas.  Old NE, downtown, Demen's Landing, Old SE, Roser Park, St. Pete Beach, Gulfport.
We ate lunch at Philthy Phils in St. Pete Beach.  Then we headed over to Sunset Beach.  I wanted to show them my favorite relaxing place.




























And from there we headed back to downtown St Pete to my most favorite place, Paciugo for some gelato!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The food looks so yummy,my goodness..Russ is chubby but he looks nice and good..!!I love to visit Flamingo Resort soon..Great post..!!I really had fun.thanks for sharing it with us..!!
best restaurants st pete