Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Further Exploits of Russ and Jose in St Pete

On Tuesday night we headed over to the open party at the Suncoast Squares.  It was good seeing all of the friends I used to dance with there.  We stayed for about 20 minutes then headed over to Georgie's for dinner.  It was buy one dinner, get one free night.  We ran into Lou there and he sat and joined us for a short while before he headed out.
On Friday night we met Otto for dinner at Valentino's.  I had to make sure that Russ and Jose got to eat there.  My favorite Italian eatery!
On Sunday night we went to the Three Birds Tavern on 4th Street N, just west of my apartment.  It was my first time there.  We ate on the porch, as the flashings of lightning and rumblings of thunder rolled around us.  The meal was excellent.  Going to hit it up again for sure!
Russ's club sandwich, and my fish and chips.
On Monday we went to the Dali Museum, another first for me.  Enjoyed learning about Dali and the collection there.  The new Dali Museum is scheduled to open on January 11, 2011 ( 1/11/11).
The view behind the museum, looking from the entrance side.
When I went to get up, I found my left leg longer than my right, and bent at a strange angle, plus the right side of my face seemed melted down to my waist.
We headed to the Lucky Dill Deli on Central Ave for lunch.  Russ and Jose had the Jewish Cuban, I had tuna salad on whole wheat.
For dinner on their last night in St Pete, we went to the Outback Steakhouse on 4th.  Delicious, plus we saved room for dessert!
My rib/chicken/coconut shrimp platter w/ coleslaw and baked sweet potato.  YUMMERS!!!
Our farewell at parting photo taken this morning.  The 3 Caballeros bid adieu.  Parting is such sweet sorrow.

No comments: