Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I haven't posted a picture of food in a while. I started Mother's Day by relaxing a little this morning, doing some laundry, (kind of "motherly"?) then met a couple of friends at the beach. The Gulf water has actually warmed up nicely; so well that today was the first time this year that I totally submerged myself! I didn't want to get out! When I got home I was ready for a nice refreshing dinner. Fresh spring mix salad with sliced hard boiled eggs, feta cheese, grape tomatoes, pita chips with peach mango salsa, all with an iced peach mango green tea chaser. Yumm! (I think I see a pattern there?)

I spent a little time on Facebook this morning and enjoyed all the posts of others wishing their moms a Happy Mother's Day. It was nice thinking about my own mother and all that she did for me and my family. I miss her a lot. She died way back in 1993 and that seems like ages ago, and I think it actually was ages ago. I have a couple pieces of furniture from my parent's house and I always think of them both when I look at them. I think about my grandmothers too. And I'm fortunate to have Nana's rocker and her cedar chest here with me. So here's to all moms everywhere, especially for the good loving memories they create and the love they give so unselfishly.

And here's to refreshing dinners after an afternoon at the beach!

3 comments:

GinaBean said...

mmmmm that looks delicious!!
P.S. I get to see you in a week and a half!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog needs contact information :)

ArichNY said...

Email added. Go to view my profile. Click on the 'Contact' button.