Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tippi Hedren Must Have Been in Town

I had the afternoon off, so I thought I'd spend a few hours at the beach. It was a beautiful day; around 90, a gentle breeze off the Gulf (at least I didn't have to worry about my umbrella blowing inside out!), and warm water. I set up my chair and umbrella, doused myself in sun block, (especially the top of my head!) then headed into the water.

After coming out and drying a little, I took my customary walk down the beach and back. There are still some areas roped off as bird nesting areas. By law, the areas are not to be entered. I walk along the edge of the water, allowing the waves to wash over my feet as I walk. Well, when I got to this one section of beach, all of these birds were gathered at the water's edge. Some of them made a peeping sound, and although they weren't too small, I figured they must be the young birds. There were LOTS of them. I gathered the louder squawking birds were the mothers or fathers. I was getting a little nervous as I was walking by, and picked up my pace. At one point, one of the adult birds was circling low over my heading and squawking at me. I hustled thru and on the way back did the same. I guess I know how poor Tippi felt now!



Wayne is out of town, so I went alone to the Suncoast Squares. There's always a partner. I danced with Margaret and we had a blast! It is like riding a bike . . . those gym classes are like yesterday! It's a fun group and everyone is quite friendly. I was talking to Sophia from Brooklyn tonight . . . a fellow Italian! She lives in Gulfport now. We had some good laughs!

No comments: