Saturday, July 25, 2009

Gina Visits

Gina arrived on Wednesday night for a mini visit! I expected her a little later, and when she called to let me know she was getting off I-275 on 22nd Ave N, she caught me by surprise! I was up in Clearwater at Wayne's, checking on his house and Tommy, his cat, while he was up North visiting family. Needless to say, I did make good time in getting back to my place!

Gina brought me part 2 of my Birthday gifts. She gave me a beautiful PowerPoint presentation on my Birthday, and she brought me 4 stemware glasses. Two with flamingos on them and 2 with palm trees. She knows they go great with my decor! :-)

We were both hungry, so after our usual game of "where do we eat?" we decided on The Garden on Central in downtown.




The food was excellent: gnocchi with marinara sauce, blue cheese encrusted steak, and a Moroccan chicken dish. Downside was the little bugs that kept biting our legs under the table!!!















We went for a nice walk after we got back to my place. Gina loves to walk around my neighborhood. Me too! That's why I love to live in Old NE!

I've been wanting to take a picture of this for a long time. It's right outside the entrance to the municipal pool in Northshore Park.

We started the day on Thursday with fresh nectarines and blueberries with vanilla yogurt.

Then we headed over to John's Pass over on Madeira Beach on the Gulf.









Pirates are big deal around here!






















For lunch we stopped at Sculley's. Gina had a hamburger, and some great crusty fries, and I had a crab cake on a bun. YUM!!!




































We stopped at Mazzaro's to pick up some stuff for dinner. I had this hazelnut encrusted chicken breast with this sauce with orange zest, and Gina had a hot italian sandwich. We had a side of tuscan beans and carrot cake for dessert. You can't go wrong with Mazzaro's!!!

No comments: