Sunday, March 29, 2009

A New iMac and a Sonic Boom

Wayne has an iMac from the early part of this century. (Ancient History). We know how fast technology can speed ahead. So, with tax return in hand, Wayne bit the bullet and brought home a new 24" display iMac! I have always been impressed with Apple Macs, having owned one of the first issues back in 1984, and again when the one piece Bondi Blue iMax was released in 1998, and others in between and beyond. (Anyone remember the Centris?)

Needless to say, much time was spent this weekend exploring the features. Can you see what has captured Wayne's attention here?

When I was growing up, hearing a sonic boom seemed to be a common occurance. I think with noise abatement issues, they seemed to all but disappear. While Wayne was setting up the iMac, BOOM! He said, "Did you hear that? The Space Shuttle must be coming in for a landing." We flipped on the TV, and a couple minutes later . . . there it was!
Notice the temperature? :-)


2 comments:

Gavin said...

I bought me a 24" a while back for work so I could have two full size docs open side by side. Love my iMac!

I remember the sonic booms as a kid, too. Were they from Plattsburg?

As I write this, we are having a humdinger thunder and lightning storm! Boom!

louietoon said...

Very interesting! And quite a light show!