Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Roser Park

I got out of work early this afternoon because I'll be working this coming Saturday morning. Wayne surprised me when he called to say he was coming down my way to get a haircut at Arthur's in downtown St. Pete. I had been wanting to visit Roser Park which is in downtown and take some pictures for the blog, so I went along with him.


Roser Park is an historic district in downtown St. Petersburg. I found it amazing to be "lost" in this park in the middle of the city. I always think of Florida being so flat, but there are plenty of hills in this park.

















We met Harriet as we were walking around. She was a bit camera shy.















I am standing by the tree that is in this earlier view on a nearby sign. (You can see Harriet walking her master coming up the sidewalk.)









































































































































When we left the park we rode around the USF Campus which is right outside the east end of the park. We browsed the Barnes & Noble there for a while. Then we stopped at Chipotle Grill for some burritos. My first time there. There's one not far from my apartment on 4th Street N. The giant burritos reminded me of Bombers on Lark Street in Albany. We ended the night by watching Jason finally get booted off American Idol.

No comments: