Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Day in Orlando

On Saturday I spent the day with Gina in Orlando. I wanted to spend more time there with her, so I left St. Pete at 7:00 am. Luck was with me and I hit very little traffic anywhere, even when driving past Disney.

The first order of business was to take Luke for a walk. He greeted me as he always does, jumping up and licking me. Some things never change!

We then headed out to Perkins for breakfast. After a very short wait we ate and loosely planned out our day.

We headed over to the Winter Park area Regal to check out movie starting times. The new Indiana Jones movie was about to start in 10 minutes, so we got our tickets for that. After donating a dollar to the Regal "Stars of Hope" charity, I mentioned that I had done that for several years when I worked at the Regal up in Albany. The box office cashier said that their general manager had just transfered up to New York State to be a regional manager with Regal. Small world at work again.

Indiana Jones was actually much better than I had anticipated. Maybe because I didn't expect much, but it was fun in the traditional formula Indy manner.






After the movie we browsed in some of the shops in the Winter Park shopping complex. While attempting to take a photo of Gina and me, I kept cutting me out. Poor aim or the Universe trying to tell me something?


The woman in this shop saw my attempts and offered to take a picture of us.
Gina had a gift card from Sephora (I know....I never heard of it) so we next headed over to the Florida Mall. Where else to spend a hot humid day in Florida than in an air conditioned mall? Stopped in Harry & David's for a few things (think onion and pepper relish). Then over to Sephora. Next to Old Navy and then dinner at Salsa (YUM!).

I headed back to St. Pete just before 9:00 pm. Another smooth ride with no traffic backups and the passing thunderstorms were long gone.
May do a quick visit to the beach this afternoon, then up to Wayne's to check on Tommy (his cat) and make sure all looks peaceful up there. Wayne is in Texas with his family to celebrate his nephew's wedding.


No comments: