Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

Went for a walk this morning, down to the Bay and the beach there. Lots of people out there celebrating on a beautiful Memorial Day. Cookouts, volleyball games, windsurfing, kite flying.












I was thinking of blending into the crowd so that I could get some of the great smelling grilled food!











Someone had set this up. American flags with state flags lined on both sides. There are little soldiers and tanks, and in the background in front of the flags is a model of the World Trade Center.


































This dog sure was having a good time!


















































Caught this scene on Coffee Pot Boulevard.












This is what happens when the palms shed their fronds. I'd hate to be parked under one of them. I always check the palms in front of my apartment before I park.








No comments: