Monday, February 18, 2008

San Gennaro Festa, Where are you?

So we decided to check out the San Gennaro Festa in Clearwater on Sunday. WOW! There are Italians in Clearwater!

Because of a momentary lapse of memory, we drove around a lovely section of Clearwater trying to find this festival. We drove around so much that we began to see some of the same pedestrians and they were starting to wave to us. Very friendly natives down here.

Having no luck, we decided to drive to this great Italian restaurant, Angelino's. Each portion of pasta is a pound, I am told. By now, my mouth was watering. Having missed this festival, I had it right here for a nice bowl of pasta. After driving thru two or three counties, we arrived to an empty parking lot. ( I jest....we were still in the same county.) The sign says they don't open till 4:00 pm. I couldn't stop my hands from making some very Italian gestures. All signs of endearment, of course.

Cell phone conversation: OK, Johnny, where is this festival? Oh? Coachman Park? Not at the corner of Coachman and Drew? My bad?
So . . . we did make it. I was hoping for more food, but with a sunny day, around 80 degrees in mid February, how could I complain???

Downtown Clearwater -->









Church of Scientology Building in downtown.


How many Italians can you squeeze into a tiny booth selling t-shirts?









What's a Sunday afternoon without a game of bocci?









A puzzle for you. Where's Wayner? Can you find him in the above picture?

1 comment:

Tampa I Am said...

Wait till Festa Italiana in Ybor City..here is where you will find all the Italians in Tampa..LOTS!!
http://www.festaitalianatampa.com/