Monday, February 04, 2008

Groundhog Day, Clearwater Beach, Grouper Sandwich and the Super Bowl

First of all..... what a Groundhog Day!!! 80 degrees! Who cares if he sees his shadow??? OK. I had to do that . . .

I had to work in the morning. Wayne invited me to come over and we were going to go to Clearwater Beach and get those grouper sandwiches at Frenchy's. I haven't been to Clearwater Beach yet since I moved down here. It's quite different from the beaches where I usually go. It's much bigger and more touristy, but really beautiful, with white sand, like sugar.









Wayne had to clean a ton of dried leaves from his pool, all from his neighbor's tree. I timed my arrival perfectly . . . he was just finishing up when I got there.







We drove down the main drag and just as we turned onto the street where French's on the beach is located, a car pulled out of a parking space.






Clearwater Beach is big. There is a pier, "amusement" playground area, a walk along the beach, and lots of hotels and condos.














































Along the beach near the sidewalk, every so often there are these showers. Really cool.











































































































I had the Caribbean grouper sandwich and Wayne had the Cajun. We had crab dip and french fries. MMMMMMM!







We went to a Superbowl party on Sunday evening. Wayne was planning to bring his chocolate Kahlua hazelnut trifle. He provided the ingredients, but wanted me to put it together. It was a hit. In fact, many said it was better than when Wayne makes it. :-) I didn't take a picture of it, but here's a pic of the bowl . . .





The party was fun. I won nothing in the pool. Ken and Ron were there too. Ken is a big fan of Judge Judy, but Ron is not. (How's that honorable mention, Ken? )




2 comments:

louietoon said...

We were in Clearwater Beach back in 1984 when we tried to go to the Superbowl! Seems like ages ago. The beach looks beautiful.

Gavin said...

Remember me mentioning the grouper sandwich when I was there? How was it???