Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Paddy's Day!




I had to start with a greeting of Erin Go Braugh! When I was in the sixth grade, our class put on a St. Patrick's Day play with Miss Becker's second grade class. I played McNamara and wore a plaid vest sort of like the one in the above illustration. I paraded around the auditorium/gymnasium, leading a rag tag band of second graders. (Should I add that I probably wasn't much taller than they were?) And, I got to dance the Irish jig with the washer woman!



Because of the snow storm hitting the area last night and this morning...some events were cancelled or postponed. Among them was the St. Patrick's Day parade in Albany. Of all year's, when the holiday falls on a Saturday...what a perfect time to celebrate! (Actually, for many, any time is a perfect time to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!) So now we have next Saturday (and some balmy weather) to look forward to celebrate the drink fest, er St. Patrick's Day yet again. Aretha Franklin was to play at the Palace last night and that was to be rescheduled too.



Today was also my last day at my part time position at the credit union branch. I have been there for exactly one year and one week. On Monday I start a full time position in the operation's center of the same credit union. I will be going from setting my alarm clock on one morning a week to five mornings a week. WHAT was I thinking???



I had to set my alarm clock for 6:30 am this morning to allow me enough time to clean off my car and dig it out. Luckily, this storm wasn't as bad as the Valentine's Day Massacre, er Storm. Now, the joy comes in watching it melt! My next door neighbors are in Florida for the month of March, and they told me that I could park my Jeep in their driveway if I couldn't find a spot nearby on the street. Usually I can find a spot right in front, but with the street still awaiting a good clearing, I figure I'll take them up on that!



Well, I hope you enjoy your day. I'm off to eat a big bowl of Lucky Charms!

1 comment:

Gavin said...

You l'il leprechaun, you! :)