Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Christmas in Spring

I took this picture this morning. My Christmas cactus seems to bloom whenever it seems fit. I think it may have to do with my watering and attention schedule, but that's just a wild guess. Some years it blooms at Christmas, some years it blooms at Easter. This season, it bloomed at Christmas, around the winter solstice, and now it started blooming again, just in time for the vernal equinox. (I'm really trying to see how many times I can use the word 'bloom' in this post.)

So....Season's Greetings! Seeing these blossoms does make me anxious to see the snow melt and the outside flowers come to life!

2 comments:

Red Seven said...

My "daffies" in back are just about ready to pop, and I'm looking outside every day to see if the forsythia is going to come back to life anytime soon. Fun stuff.

Pete said...

Very nice. My mother had one that would bloom anytime other than christmas.