Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Two Weeks in NYC G-Pa

I've been here for two weeks now. Baby Red (Mee Mee Da, as Ruby calls him) had his two week checkup today and has been gaining and growing. He just filled out some college applications. All in the blink of an eye! I've been staying nights at a place in Greenpoint, Brooklyn that I found via Airbnb. It's about a 1.2 mile walk to the Js and Rs place, and it hasn't been a pleasant walk across the Pulaski Bridge when the mornings and/or evenings have been cold and windy! At those times, I really miss my Florida weather! ( This Friday i move to a place that is two blocks from their apartment. I cant wait! ) I have been spending full days being G-Pa to Ruby and to Red. I have been enjoying it immensely! I am totally exhausted but smiling on the inside and the outside! I head back to Florida in a week and will probably sleep for a full month. But I will really miss my times with Ruby and with holding Red. There's a lot of construction going on around town and I jokingly say I will purchase a nearby new studio apartment for only $450,000! But seriously, I would like to plan more frequent visits!

On the day when Red came home from the hospital with Mama, the top of the Empire State Building was lit red in his honor!

And i did have one evening when i went into Manhattan to see Kinky Boots on Broadway. Loved it! My neighbors next to me in my row, were a hoot!

So, here is a sampler of our goings on.







































2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh. my.gosh. The picture I've been waiting for of the grapefruit kids!!!!!! It makes my heart so happy. That's what life is all about. I am so glad you got to spend this time with them!

Ur-spo said...

what a lovely story, and such charming photos too.
Nothing like the joy of a child's' smile.