Thursday, April 05, 2012

Early April Morning Walk

Another beautiful morning for a walk. I decided to take my camera with me since I've been seeing a lot of shots I'd like to capture on my recent walks.

This lawn looks like a carpet.
We had some thunder storms come through last night, so the soil was pretty moist and the foliage had dew on it.  The storms last night knocked my power out about 5 times.  Would go out momentarily, then come back on.  Longest out was about 3 minutes. Thought maybe I'd be taking my shower by candlelight!

This is the pergola near the Vinoy.



This group of bicyclist are usually having their coffee at this time.



One of the alleys.  I'd like to do a photo essay of the "Alleys of Old Northeast" someday!

Jacaranda is a little past peak.  Interesting peak in the roof over the front door.

Interesting "berries"!
There are so many different colors of the berries.




2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I always go for plants and such over 'grass'. Lawns are totalitarian Nature at its worst.

ArichNY said...

Yes, lawns are lots of work and no harvest.