Thursday, March 01, 2012

Daily Walks

I am in my sixth week of total retirement.  I'm not focusing on a routine yet, thinking maybe over time, one will work itself out.  One thing I have been trying to do, is to take at least one walk every day.  So, I usually meet Dave at 9 AM each weekday morning and we walk for about an hour or more.  We try to mix it up, walking a different route each day.  This shot is on Coffee Pot Bayou.
There's always a picture of something that I would like to capture.  I haven't been taking my camera, relying on my dumb smart phone camera.  It's not that good, so I'm thinking about starting to bring my camera.  This is the bridge leading over to Snell Island.
This ship kept 'tooting' it's horn.  Looking out on Tampa Bay from just north of downtown St. Pete.



I use to take a lot of pictures of the area when I was out on my walks.  Now that I'm walking regularly again, I keep seeing shots that I would like to capture.  I'm thinking of doing some themed photo essays.  Why not?  I've got plenty of time now!





Here I am looking up from the park bench that I am sitting on, enjoying my iced coffee outside of Starbucks.
It's a strange season here now in Florida.  Sort of a combined spring and fall.  There are tons of flowers blooming all over the place, and at the same time, lots of dried leaves falling from trees and blowing around.  The temperature has been around 80 each day lately.  Nights in the upper 60s.  I have to keep reminded myself what month it is.  Huge difference now, what with Albany having it's first significant snowfall of the winter now.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

you sound quite happy, in retirement.