Friday, March 23, 2012

Honda Grand Prix Parade 2012

Last night was the illuminated night parade, as part of the festivities of the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg 2012.  We walked down to meet Pete at the Keller Williams 'Hot Spot' for a buffet before the parade.  Spotted these flowers on the walk down.

I chose a vantage point on Beach Drive on the northwest corner of Beach and 2nd Ave North.
Looking across the street, there is Kevin, Joe, Pete and Chase.  I'm not sure where Dave is.
Caught this color guard in passing.

It was a very slow moving parade and I did become a bit bored after a while.  We left the parade a little earlier and headed back to the KW office to sit and chat.




We didn't hang around for the fireworks, but after I was back in my apartment, I could hear them going off, albeit about a half hour late.  They finale was just after 10:00 PM.



I attempted to get more pictures of the race car drivers, but it was getting too dark and I could only catch a clearer photo if they were at a stop, so I missed most of them.  :-(
Tomorrow morning I'll be able to hear the roar of the engines when I wake up.  Practice starts at 8:05 AM!

No comments: